We accept the following Insurance plans:
- Medicare and Medi-Cal/Partnership HealthPlan
- Blue Cross/Anthem
- Blue Shield
- Humboldt Del Norte IPA administered plans
- Multiplan Health Group
We are in network providers for Covered California Blue Cross and Blue Shield at this time.
If your insurance is not listed, please check with your insurance. We may be in network, or you may qualify for a “Geographical out of Network Authorization”since we are so far from other Nephrology providers.
We will bill your insurance as a courtesy, but ultimately, you are responsible for your health care costs. Please read this information to help reduce your out-of-network expenses.
If we see you as an “out of network” provider, in some cases the re-imbursement is sent to you, the patient. Unless paid in full at the time of service, we ask that you forward the check and explanation of benefits to us in a timely manner in order to reduce our billing headaches. After your insurance has paid, you will be billed for the difference unless prior arrangements have been made.
IF WE ARE NOT IN YOUR NETWORK: TO REDUCE YOUR OUT OF POCKET EXPENSE, CONTACT YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT TO REQUEST A GEOGRAPHICAL OUT OF NETWORK REFERRAL
- Many Insurance companies pay less when you see an out of network physician
- Prior to your appointment, call the customer service number on your insurance card to obtain a Geographical Out of Network Referral to see Redwood Renal Associates ( Tax ID # 45-2649503)
- Ask for a Geographical Out of Network Referral and inform the representative that Redwood Renal is the only Nephrology practice in Humboldt County or within 85 miles of your home.
- Please request that the referral be effective for as long as possible.
- Have the referral sent to Redwood Renal Associates by fax (707-441-0344) or mail.
- Ask for the tracking number for your telephone request in case we need to call them back.
SELF-PAY / PRIVATE PAY PATIENTS MUST PAY AT THE TIME OF SERVICE
CO-PAYS ARE DUE UPON CHECK-IN